Additional sizes may be available!Additional sizes may be available! Email me when available
· We cannot ship this product to Alaska.
|*||Hang-on-back external mount protein skimmer with hybrid cone body|
|*||Effectively removes dissolved organics from aquariums up to 130 gals|
|*||Distinct design allows stable production of more waste-removing foam|
Features and convenience of in-sump skimmers for marine aquariums without a sump-style filter. Reef Octopus Classic 90 HOB Protein Skimmer combines the benefits of a conical in-sump skimmer with the installation ease of a hang-on unit. Bubble diffusing chamber and hybrid cone body stabilizes foam production to boost efficient waste-removing performance for clearer, cleaner marine aquariums.
Reef Octopus Classic 90 HOB Protein Skimmer also doubles as a surface skimmer to enhance aquarium water quality. Skimmer inlet features a surface skimmer to remove oily surface film and organics from the water surface that would otherwise accumulate and hinder light penetration. Foam sponges on skimmer outlet helps prevent microbubbles from entering the aquarium. Large easy-to-remove collection cup simplifies maintenance. Solid acrylic construction.
Reef Octopus Classic 90 HOB Protein Skimmer is an externally mounted unit that hangs on the back of your aquarium.
Dimensions: 7.5" x 7.5" x 23.8" high
Body Diameter: 4"
Powered by: Reef Octopus Aquatrance 1000 Pinwheel Pump
Rated for aquariums up to:
- 130 gallons - Light Bioload
- 80 gallons - Medium Bioload
- 60 gallons - Heavy Bioload
- Assemble the skimmer according to included diagram. Hang it on the back of tank, tighten screw, and make sure it is fixed.
- Put aquarium water into the Skimmer Chamber until the water level is up to 8 inches. Close the Air Valve completely and start the power. After a few seconds, open the Air Valve as soon as the pump is working properly. When the bubbles come out perfectly, replace the Air Valve with the Silencer.
- Adjust the Water Outlet so that the Bubble Stopper (Defoaming Device) is located slightly above the water surface.
Collection Cup: Remove and clean at least once a week, depending on organic load. Cleaning will substantially enhance extraction.
Reaction Chamber: Clean inside at least once every six months.
Reef Octopus Aquatrance 1000s Pinwheel Pump
Air Draw: 420 lph / 15 scfh*
Water Draw: 350 lph / 92 gph*
*Air and water results will vary depending on aquarium setup