Additional sizes may be available!Additional sizes may be available! Email me when available
- Disc-shaped fish food rich in vegetable matter ideal for Plecostomus and other freshwater and marine herbivores
- Nutritious sinking wafers with added vitamins and minerals support overall growth, health, and coloration
- Uniquely-shaped algae wafer discs retain their shape longer to encourage natural foraging behavior
Nutrition specifically formulated for the hard-to-feed Plecostomus, but excellent for all algae eaters. Hikari Algae Wafers contain high levels of vegetable matter that algae eaters prefer and love. Vegetable and protein content is balanced to ensure nutrition for proper health and growth. Unique, disc-shaped wafers sink rapidly while retaining its shape allowing less aggressive species to feed at their leisure without the wafer dissolving or clouding aquarium water. Vegetable-rich Algae Wafers are also great for saltwater fish and other marine herbivores.
Hikari® Algae Wafers™ measures approximately 3/4" in diameter.
Hikari® Algae Wafers™ were specifically developed for the hard to feed Plecostomus and other algae-eating bottom feeders. Hikari® was the originator of this uniquely shaped disc-type diet, now copied by many. Accept no substitutes, request the first and finest, Algae Wafers™.
- A perfect balance of premium select ingredients help promote proper growth and desirable form in most herbivore species.
- Contains higher levels of vegetable matter and multiple algae that Plecostomus and other algae eaters prefer.
- The uniquely shaped disc sinks rapidly and retains its shape allowing less aggressive species ready access to its nutrition.
- The perfect treat for your omnivorous fish to super charge their nutrient intake.
- Contains pure-cultured spirulina and chlorella algae to help your underwater friends look their best.
Feeding Instructions: Feed no more than the amount your fish will completely consume within two (2) hours. Many bottom feeders are nocturnal (active at night). For best results, feed late in the day or at night. Care should be taken to avoid over-feeding and always remove uneaten food after feeding period.
Ingredients: Fish meal, wheat flour, wheat germ meal, cassava starch, dried bakery product, dried seaweed meal, alfalfa nutrient concentrate dehydrated, dehydrated alfalfa meal, brewers dried yeast, soybean meal, fish oil, krill meal, spirulina, garlic, DL-methionine, chlorella, astaxanthin, choline chloride, Vitamin E supplement, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (stabilized Vitamin C), inositol, d-calcium pantothenate, riboflavin, Vitamin A supplement, thiamine mononitrate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, niacin, folic acid, Vitamin D3 supplement, biotin, disodium phosphate, ferrous sulfate, magnesium sulfate, zinc sulfate, manganese sulfate, copper sulfate, and calcium iodate.
|Crude Protein||33.0% min.|
|Crude Fat||4.0% min.|
|Crude Fiber||3.0% max.|
|Crude Ash||17.0% max.|
|Vitamin A||8,700 IU/kg min|
|Vitamin D3||1,300 IU/kg min|
|Vitamin E||1,700 IU/kg min|
|Ascorbic Acid||190 mg/kg min|