Additional sizes may be available!Additional sizes may be available! Email me when available
|*||Apex-Ready 36V, 528 gph direct current aquarium skimmer pump with detachable controller|
|*||Variable speed pump boasts refined control, enhanced performance, and safe energy-efficient operation|
|*||Compatible with aquarium controllers such as Neptune Apex or Reef Angel for unprecedented control|
528 gph, 36V direct current aquarium skimmer pump features the latest variable speed flow technology for refined control, enhanced performance, energy-efficiency and safer operation. The Reef Octopus VarioS 6S Controllable Skimmer Pump boasts five levels of pump speed control so aquarists can electronically control air and water flow rates into their protein skimmer to process more or less water with just a push of a button. 0-10v input on the included detachable VarioS Pump Controller allows seamless integration to such aquarium controllers as Neptune Apex or Reef Angel.
- Safe and Efficient 36 Volt Operation
- 5 Controllable Energy Saving Power Settings
- Detachable Controller with Waterproof Union
- High Volume Air Intake
- Safety Float Switch
- 0-10V Input for 3rd Party Controller
- Integrated Memory
- Two different pause/feed modes that will shut off the pump for either 15 or 60 minute intervals
- Super Quiet Operation
- True Slow Startup
- Submersible or External Applications
Includes: VarioS 6S pump, VarioS controller, power supply, venturi, airline tubing, and 1-1/4" output union.
VarioS 6S Controllable Skimmer Pump Specifications
Output Union Size: 1-1/4" Female PVC
Inlet Size: 1-1/4" Venturi
Dimensions: 5.11" (W) x 5.7" (L) x 4" (H)
Output Union Size: 40mm
Voltage: DC 36V
Power Consumption: 70 watts at max power
Max Flow: 528 gph*
Max Air Draw: 2000L/H (52 SCFH)*
*Results will vary depending on aquarium setup
Ideal Replacement Pump for:
- Reef Octopus CLSC-250INT/NWB250
- Reef Octopus Diablo DCS 250INT
- Reef Octopus Diablo DCS 300INT
- Reef Octopus Diablo RDCS 250EXT
- Reef Octopus Diablo RDCS 300EXT
- Reef Octopus Diablo XS250
- Reef Octopus Diablo XS300
- Reef Octopus POV-DC3
- Reef Octopus REGAL 220INT
- Reef Octopus REGAL 220SSS
- Reef Octopus REGAL 250EXT
- Reef Octopus REGAL 250INT
- Reef Octopus REGAL 250SSS
- Reef Octopus REGAL 300EXT
- Reef Octopus REGAL 300INT
- Reef Octopus REGAL 300SSS
- Reef Octopus SRO-5000INT
- Reef Octopus SRO-5000EXT
- Reef Octopus SRO-6000EXT
In addition to allowing the pump to run at 5 different speeds, which is normal for a DC pump, the new VarioS Controller takes the pump to a new level featuring:
- A float switch connection, which allows you to connect a float switch (included in the box) to the controller. This is an added security feature that allows you to shut off your water pump when your sump water has reached a high or low level. In all, you don't need another module or controller to add a float switch to your system.
- Two different pause/feed modes that will shut off the pump for either 15 or 60 minute intervals. These come handy when you are feeding the tank or conducting regular maintenance such as a water change.
- A 0-10v input which will allow a 3rd party controller such as Neptune System APEX or Reef Angel to take over the pump and tell it what to do. In this mode, the new VarioS controller becomes an interface between the system controller and the pump allowing you to create intricate programs using your system controller native language. This is unprecedented controllability on a skimmer or water pump. In essence, you can use your system controller as your DC pump controller!
The VarioS pump has a true slow startup where the pump slowly ramps up from zero RPM to the full preset speed over a period of approximately 10 seconds.
The pump and controller are connected via a waterproof 3-conductor union. The detachable controller will allow for a simple waterproof union. The volute can rotate to change the pump's output orientation in 90 degree intervals, meaning users can output water vertically (up or down) as well as horizontally.