|*|| World’s first dual intake, dual needle-wheel protein skimmer for in-sump use|
|*|| Effectively maintain high water quality in marine aquariums up to 300 gallons|
|*|| High performance skimmer powered by Maxspect Turbine Duo 9K controllable DC pump|
Reimagined protein skimmer boasts innovative new features for outstanding performance. Maxspect Aeraqua Duo AD600 Protein Skimmer is powered by a 2,500 gph Maxspect Turbine Duo 9K controllable DC pump with an advanced dual intake and dual needle-wheel design. The dual intakes can be configured to convert your Maxspect Aeraqua Duo AD600 Protein Skimmer into a recirculation skimmer that scours aquarium water of organic pollutants. Patented dual needle wheel design produces much finer, more concentrated bubbles for more efficient waste removal!
Maxspect Aeraqua Duo AD600 Protein Skimmer features a compact 10.2" x 8.3" footprint and is rated for saltwater and marine reef aquariums up to 300 gallons. For in sump use.
Wattage: 40 Watts
Footprint: 10.2" x 8.3" (260 x 210 millimeters)
Height: 22.2" (565 millimeters)
Water Level: 7 to 9.5" (18 to 24 centimeters)
Air Intake: 396 Gallons Per Hour (1,500 Liters Per Hour)
Water Intake: 634 Gallons Per Hour (2,400 Liters Per Hour)
* Near-Silent Operation
* Integrated Pipeless Design
* Super Small Footprint
* Precision Front Dial
* Dual Intake
* Dual Needle Wheel
* Air/Water Recirculation
* Overflow Protection
* Quick Release Collection Cup
* DC Flow Control
* Wireless Capabilities
* iOS/Android App Control
* Feed Mode
* Start Delay
What Makes the Aeraqua Duo So Unique?
The Top of the Skimmer
- There is a float switch built into the lid so when the collection cup is full, the skimmer will automatically shut off, so waste doesn’t overflow into your sump and back into your system. Once the float switch returns to its normal position, the pump will resume operation after a few seconds.
- The large, heavy-duty collection cup has a handle to make disposing of skimmate quick and easy.
- There are quick-release locking sliders that make removing the skimmer cup easy and so you can lock it right back into place.
- A drain fitting is included so you can connect the skimmer to a waste collector or a separate reservoir for skimmate.
The Body of the Skimmer
- The gate valve is controlled by an adjustable dial so you can easily change the water level for precise control of the foam inside the skimmer.
- The innovative pipeless design saves precious real estate inside your sump.
- There are hash mark measurements on the side of the skimmer in both centimeters and inches which are useful since different sumps have different depths. There is also a white indicator to show you the "sweet spot".
- The air hoses are integrated into the body of the skimmer for a seamless look and feel.
The Base of the Skimmer
- The skimmer can be easily disassembled for cleaning and maintenance. Loosen the thumbscrews in each corner and the entire skimmer body can be removed.
- The DC controllable Maxspect Turbine Duo 9K pump has a centrally mounted motor spindle that drives the impellers on each side.
- The patented dual needle wheel design has a spinning needle wheel and a stationary one. This combination produces much finer, more concentrated bubbles for more efficient waste removal.
- The dual intakes can be configured so the Aeraqua Duo can function as a recirculation skimmer to really strip your water of organics. So rather than having both intakes draw in water from the sump, you can have one side draw water from the sump while the other side recirculates water within the skimmer.
- The ingeniously designed air silencer has been integrated into the bottom panel of the skimmer where the sound is further insulated by the water around it.
- A special integrated bubble trap prevents annoying microbubbles from escaping into your sump.
- The bowl-shaped bubble diffuser reduces turbulence to direct air upward instead of outward, so bubbles and dissolved organics rise easily through the body up into the collection cup.
- The base is molded to hold the pump in place so you can slide it in and out for maintenance.
Complete Control of Your Skimmer
The controller included with the Aeraqua Duo can be used to perform a variety of functions. You can put the skimmer into feed mode, schedule a 24-hour program for when you want the skimmer to run (and when you don't), and you can set a start delay among a variety of other features. By adding Maxspect's Integrated Controller 6 (IV6) to the mix, you can control the skimmer wirelessly from the Syna-G app using your Android or Apple (iOS) device. You will also be alerted on your mobile device if the float switch is triggered in the collection cup.